The Kairos Torch program is the way Kairos reaches out to juvenile offenders, saying “There’s a better way.”
The Kairos Torch program encourages young offenders to realise their potential through creating a safe environment, allowing them to learn what life can be like in a loving, caring and trusting community.
The goals of Kairos Torch are:
• to provide a safe place for exploration (emotionally and spiritually)
• to offer unconditional acceptance
• to encourage the sharing of life journeys and help troubled youth realize there is a potential to stop the cycle before they get in too deeply
• to foster personal growth in all its forms
• to promote participation in the long-term mentoring process that is a core part of the Kairos Torch program